Home Insurance Help Centre / Are my personal items covered when I take them away from home?

Only if you take out All Risks cover. This extension can provide worldwide cover for personal effects, jewellery, photographic equipment, clothing, sports equipment and bicycles up to the sum insured you select. Under the “All Risks” section you will normally have a specified and unspecified section. Normally if you have items of a value over €1000 you will need to specify individually on the policy. For the unspecified section, this would be a total of items that you would require cover for outside of home. This would be for items under €1000. For example, if you had a camera worth €800 and watch €800 then you should select €2000.

Contact Us