Home Insurance Help Centre / What exactly needs to be covered?

In respect of buildings insurance cover you need to consider the home in its entirety. That is, the home itself, including permanent fixtures and fittings, any outbuildings, garages, drives, patios, paths, fences and gates. Home insurance Cover should also extend to permanent swimming pools, tennis courts, and fixed fuel tanks, underground service pipes and cables for which you are legally responsible.

Consideration must also be given to the cost of removal of debris, and professional fees.

Contents comprise everything that you could take with you if you were to move home. Go through every room making an inventory of contents including items in cupboards and wardrobes. Note also items in the loft, the garage, the shed and the garden. Any satellite dishes or aerials are considered to be an extension of the television and are therefore covered under your home insurance contents policy.

Contact Us